Every year, people from all over the world receive care from St. Catherine Hospital. International Patient Services is here to assist you before, during and after your trip to Croatia. Here are the steps to take in planning your visit to St. Catherine Hospital:
Prepare to Schedule Your Appointment
- Read over the information in this website to learn how International Patient Services will help you.
- Have your calendar ready so you know what dates are convenient for you to travel. (Do not purchase tickets until your appointments are made, however.)
- Have copies of your medical history ready to discuss.
- If you have health insurance, have your health insurance information ready to provide.
- Obtain the necessary documents (VISA, etc.) to enter Croatia.
- Obtain all medical records in English.
During scheduling we will ask for the following information:
1. Your language assistance needs.
2. Your medical history. If you have obtained your medical records in English, we will give you mailing information so you can send them to us.
3. Your health insurance information. If you do not have health insurance, we can discuss your preferred method of payment. A copy of your insurance card must be provided.
4. Members of your family who are interested in scheduling appointments. Upon notification we will make all the necessary appointments for you and your family.
5. Your contact information. Please plan to provide an email address (email is preferred).
6. If you require special medical needs, please inform us prior to arrival to the Croatia.
Confirm Your Appointment
Once your appointments are scheduled, you will receive a confirmation on your email. It will detail the appointment information and any instructions you need to follow.
Once your appointments are confirmed, it is time to make travel arrangements.
Before Your Appointment
Depending upon the reason for your doctor’s visit, this checklist can help you prepare.
1. Gather documents to bring to your doctor’s visit:
2. Copies of any tests, x-rays, or medical histories relating to your medical problem.
3. Completed medical history questionnaire.
4. A list of all current medications taken on a regular basis, including over-the-counter and herbal medications.
5. Review any special directions from your doctor about diet or medication restrictions prior to your appointment.
6. Ask friends or relatives to accompany you if you wish. Depending on the type of appointment you have, you may need someone to take you home.
During Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have.
After Your Appointment
What to expect after your appointment:
1. If you need to see another doctor, we will make every effort to schedule additional consultations at the earliest available time.