Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is used increasingly around the world. Unique features of this powerful technology make this diagnostic tool very useful. The quality of MR equipment is essential. St. Catherine Hospital is equipped with the most advanced MRI device – MAGNETOM Avanto by Siemens, featuring a magnetic field strength of 1.5 T, which is due to its technical characteristics and accessories that are unique in Croatia. A device of such potential brings immeasurable benefits:
- high diagnostic reliability because of images with high spatial and contrast resolution
- short time of examination because of strong gradients
- accurate imaging allowed by Tim technology
- improved image processing and better resolution thanks to the latest generation of computer software
- biochemical imaging of cartilage - early diagnostics of cartilage damage thanks to the use of advanced software support (dGEMIRC and T2 mapping)
Those device characteristics are of great importance for a successful diagnostic procedure, especially in restless patients, young children and claustrophobic individuals. MRI scans of young children and adults can be performed with sedation and/or anaesthesia.
We are able to provide breathing support during MRI for all patients in need of assisted or controlled respiration, which include comatose patients.